Friday, August 30, 2013

Engagement Session

Our engagement photos have just been delivered!!

I haven’t been very active on the blog lately, as I’ve been going though quite a difficult period in my life – two months ago I was in a very serious car accident which left me with a traumatic brain injury and put my life and plans on hold until further notice. The time will come for a post about that, but right now I’d rather focus on something wonderful, like love and moving forward! I am so very thrilled about how these pictures came out, especially since we weren’t totally sure I’d be able to stay on my feet for long enough to capture some good photos. I feel endless gratitude towards the team of women who spent hours making me feel beautiful on the outside, while my insides are still working to heal. My makeup artist was fantastic and carefully covered the signs of wear and tear on my face while still keeping me natural and feeling like myself. My hairstylist worked her magic on my head, hiding my scars and hair loss with a gentle hand. And our fantastic photographer was just perfect! She was encouraging and creative, and was able to capture images that showed nothing of my accident; only love, peace, and happiness in the present. I’ve always known that I am an exceptionally lucky girl, but now I truly feel it to my core! Thank you so much to everyone who made this shoot possible and, without further ado, here are the photos!











Photographer: Tara PeachPhotography / Hair: Cassandra White’s Hair Design / Makeup: Bri Stein Artistry / Location: Kelowna, BC (Father Pandosy Mission & roadside orchards)

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, I am now following you back =)

    You got some nice photo shoot! It's sad to hear about what you went through, but we see that there is a beautiful life a head of you. Looking forward to more nice photos.

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your ordeal, but I'm glad to know that you're on the mend. You look amazing and these photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Following you now =)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Petit-Plastique/473640259360447

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You really have a nice blog, ¿Can we follow each other?
    Im starting to post assiduously so I would love to know your opinion, here is mine:

    www.mysticlipstickblog.com

    Best Regards,
    Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! I especially love the one directly above the photo with the balloons. The lighting is unreal. So pretty! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog :)

    www.dressingroomdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! That is good to hear you are on the mend! Your engagement photos turned out gorgeous!!!! Love the setting. ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww you guys look very much in love, its lovely to see <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. you guys look so amazing<3 would you like to follow eachother?

    dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog, Im already following you :)
    I hope to stay tunned about your lasts posts,
    Best regards,
    Ana.

    www.mysticlipstickblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... stuning photos... beautiful look... love your outfit from head to toe! Check out my blog... and what do you think... do you wanna follow each other?
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So, I am following you now :)

      Delete
  11. ohh how lovely!! maybe we can follow each other? let me know! <3 http://exality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suddenly felt the NEED of having a photoshoot like this with my bf, this is so adorable and beautiful.
    thanks for commenting on my blog, glad i found you, just followed you and willing to see more posts of you :) keep the good work <3

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com


    Come visit me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog :)

    Follow? :)
    Visit my blog dyverst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, the pictures are so fantastic! You look beautiful! And I love your dog!
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love yours and I am happy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your blog, you two look amazing!

    http://shoeaholicandmore.com

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them! Especially love your lace top!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, I know I have seen these before, but I realized I never commented on how gorgeous you too look! I love how simple and perfect they are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)