Potato Chip Bag Gift Wrap



I’m always on the hunt for cute and different ways to wrap gifts - After all, who doesn’t love getting a perfectly wrapped present!? I found some great metallic silver wrapping paper at the craft store, but it was so overpriced I just couldn’t justify buying it… So I decided to try this instead: Potato Chip Bag Gift Wrap! OK, I know it sounds kind of gross, but it actually works so well and looks absolutely adorable. Plus it’s super thrifty, and gives you an excuse to go buy a bag of chips (as if you needed one…)

Supplies:
- Empty potato chip bag with metallic inside
- Dish soap
 Scissors

Directions:
1.  Cut your potato chip bag at the seams to get one flat piece & reveal the shiny insides
2.  Wash your bag with dish soap and water to remove grease, then lay flat to dry
3.  Wrap your gift and feel like a thrifty champ!




So easy and so cute, right?? This would look extra sweet in a Christmas theme with red ribbon and a little sprig of evergreen. It really is amazing what you can repurpose into something new and lovely!

Any other ideas on unusual gift-wrapping materials??

xox

Comments

  1. That is a super, super cute idea!! I love the way it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherman for PresidentDecember 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM

    This is so cute! Please vote for Sherman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love upcycled wrapping paper and I never thought of this, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea! I love the metallic silver. Now, an excuse to buy some chips. :)
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for such a fast easy way for making gift bags. Have already designed 2 and they were a just click to make. Your goodness in talking about is considerably respected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its quite nice, great upcycling techniques

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)

Popular Posts