It’s official – my first blog post! 

Let’s just get right into it…I’m a twenty-something, small town girl about to drop myself into the big city for the education opportunity I’ve always dreamed of: graduate studies in clinical neuropsychology! Normally, when I tell people that I’m headed straight for 7+ years of schooling they cringe and advise me to just put my head down and get through it.  But someone very wise, who was in my fresh-stepping shoes a long time ago, told me something a little different.  “Make the absolute most of this adventure that you can” he said. “It will be crazy, it will be hard, you’ll be broke, you’ll be beat… but don’t you dare miss out on a second of it. These are the times of your life. Make the absolute most of them.” 

So that’s the plan, and this blog is going to help me do it! I know there will be times when I want to quit, cry, and sleep forever.  I know there will be endless study sessions, overnighters, and far too much canned soup from the microwave.  But I also know that there will be learning, growing, and freedom.  There will be independence, excitement, intrigue, and friendship.  When you have such a firm goal, it is so easy to see only the destination and lose sight of the journey, which is such a shame when the journey affords some of the most important and life-changing experiences.  This blog will be something to come home to at the end of a long day that gives me a chance to write things out, vent, inspire myself, or get creative... Anything to keep me off of autopilot!  I can’t wait to take my first steps into this new life, and I am just tickled that you’ll be taking some of those steps with me!  So here’s to the laughs, the tears, the adventures.  And most importantly, here’s to a happy, fulfilling, and perfectly imperfect future!


Comments

  1. Congrats! I completely agree with that advice. I think we take school for granted sometimes and see it as just a means to an end but it's important to fully experience it and make the most out of the opportunities we have. Hope it's a wonderful journey for you!

    PS - thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie (Big Mario Life)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came
    to look it over. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Excellent blog and great design.

    My page Author's external home page...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)

Popular Posts