Lime & Ginger Water


Get Hydrated

As we start to move towards the hot summer months, getting and staying hydrated becomes critical to our health and vitality. I don’t know about you, but I start getting cranky, tired, and headache-y when I’m even a little dehydrated, so staying well watered is definitely worthwhile. Sometimes it can be hard to keep sipping all day though, especially if you’re not super thirsty and it’s just boring old water. Instead of turning to juices and soft drinks, jazz up your water instead! My favourite “go-to” flavoured water is lime and ginger! The combination is light, subtle, and so refreshing. The lime is energizing and full of Vitamin C, and the ginger complements it really well with just a touch of aromatic spiciness. I drink at least a litre of this stuff every day, and I’ve noticed such a change in my energy level, mood, and even my skin and hair!



Directions:

Step 1 - grab a 1-litre container (I like a large mason jar for this)
Step 2 – cut a small lime into wedges and squeeze them into the container. Drop the squeezed out slices into the jar too.
Step 3 – finely grate about a tablespoon of ginger into a small bowl. Grab it up in your hand and squeeze the juice into the container with the limes. Discard the ginger pulp once it’s all squeezed out.
Step 4 – fill the container with lots of ice and water, shake or stir to mix thoroughly.
Step 5 – get out in the sun and sip on your refreshing bevvy! 


Comments

  1. Such a good idea I know a lot of people who do this, I don't have a problem drinking plain water but it's fun to jazz it up a bit :)
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my post, I'm already following you!

    xo
    - J
    http://www.jessglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog,i am your new follower and i would love if you could follow me back so we could keep in touch
    Kisses and Hugs!

    http://countryoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)

Popular Posts