Tie-Dye Nails

I think these tie-dye nails are perfect for summer!  The thing I love most about them is that you get the pretty “water marbling” effect without all the mess and waste of precious polish. Plus, it’s way easier for those of us who don’t possess the dexterity of a neurosurgeon…



· Grab 2-4 complementary shades of polish (unscrew the caps of all of them so you’re not fumbling around with wet nails!)
· Paint a stripe of each color across your nail, starting at the base (you need quite a bit of polish- don’t worry about getting it on your skin, you can clean it up later)
· Once the stripes cover your whole nail, gently drag a toothpick through the wet polish (I found it best to use the side/tip of the toothpick, and not to actually touch my nail with the toothpick, just skim the top of the polish)
· Once dry, clean the skin around your nail with a small, firm makeup brush dipped in nailpolish remover
· Slick on some topcoat and get ready for the compliments!

Comments

  1. These look so cool! Been meaning to try them for a while. Love your choice of colours too
    Elsie, x

    procrastimaker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow)) I can't believe that you did it by yourself))) It looks great :)))

    I would be very happy if you took a look at my blog. Hope you like it ;) would be great to follow each other, don't you think so ? ;)

    www.runwayhighway.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah!! These looks so cool! I need to try it! Thanks so much for sharing this at "That's My Style" Link Party!!! You made my day. I do hope you'll join in again. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)

Popular Posts