New Tattoo & A New Hairdo

Changes
Since I find myself in a new city, at a new school, and in a new house… Why not get a new tattoo and a new hairdo to seal the deal!? Change can be frightening, but when you throw yourself into it and embrace the newness with an open heart and an open mind, it can be really exciting and rewarding.





I caught myself feeling pretty cheerful about my lovely new life today, so I took a few shameless selfies to share! I’ve been a redhead before, but this red is a bit more daring than I’m used to. I love it!

As for my new ink, I gave this change a lot of thought before actually going through with it. I finally came up with this design and I am really happy with it. One bird for each of my immediate family members to signify that I never have to fly solo. The placement of the tattoo is meaningful too – on my foot because my family is my foundation in life. No matter how rocky things get I can always count on them to be a solid and grounding influence.


Thanks for sharing in these exciting changes with me!! It’s so nice to be able to share all of this on my little corner of the web, and with all of you lovely people. I’m so excited to see what else is in store for me as I stumble down this new path my life is taking.

* If you like my tattoo, feel free to draw inspiration from the idea but please do not copy it exactly. I worked very hard with my tattoo artist to make sure that I ended up with a unique and meaningful piece. Make sure you do the same, so that when someone asks you “Where did that idea come from?” you don’t have to say “Some girl’s blog…” ;)

Comments

  1. I love your tattoo, it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you're tattoo!

    I agree that people need to put more effort with what they get.
    I collaborated with my artist with I design I did esentially and it's the most unique and beautiful tattoo, no one else has it :-)

    Check it out:
    http://tattoosandvintagediamonds.blogspot.co.nz/

    I'm also going through a life change at the mo, I agree it can be scary but it could be exactly what you need at the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your tattoo is stunning! So intricate and unique.. a piece to be proud of! Love your blog too. Want to follow each other? :)

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog through your comment on mine. I am so glad I read this, change is so important, scary but fun. As new seasons start I often find myself changing a bit, seems to make sense, lol. I love this post and I love the hair and omg the tattoo! Beautiful and such a great meaning behind, I have a bird on my hip with three stars around it signifying important people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love positive changes and nothing feels as good as a good new hairdo. Love the reds in your hair and your tattoo is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tattoo is amazing! And I love the significance. I love when people have stories/meaning behind their ink! :)

    So happy you found my blog and that I am now following you! Can't wait to read more!

    Happy weekend!

    xo, jill from www.classywithakick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tattoo and new hair color!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new tattoo! What a fab idea to have a bird for member of your family...so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this tattoo, it's so so gorgeous. You're totally right as well about throwing yourself into change making it feel like a good thing =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tattoo!! Such a beautiful meaning. And your hair looks gorgeous as well! I have always wanted to be a red head :)

    sincerelysk.blogspot.com
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I happen to have a VERY similar tattoo! I saw it and thought to myself, "Slef, she must have good taste, I mean look at that tattoo, I better look around her blog." And, you'll be pleased to know that is exactly what I did!
    - Dusty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)

Popular Posts