Engaged!


Well hello, stranger!

It’s been at least a month since my last blog post, which is just terrible, but things have gotten crazy busy in the world of grad school… studying, reading, learning, teaching, marking, and applying for research grants has taken over my life!! However, this blog is still active, albeit SLOW. Expect no more than a couple posts per month, people – this girl’s got a lot going on!

With that disclaimer/excuse making out of the way… I HAVE SOME VERY EXCITING NEWS…



WE’RE ENGAGED!!!!

I am absolutely over the moon! This weekend was Thanksgiving here in Canada, which happens to be my all-time favourite holiday. When trekked home for a long weekend filled with pumpkin pies, family time, and some beautiful fall sunshine, I had no idea that I’d be coming back with a ring on my finger and a fistful of wedding planning pamphlets! So, for all of you gushy, romantic types, here are the details of how it all went down…

It was an absolutely gorgeous fall morning, and my man and I decided to go to our favourite hometown breakfast place.  They have unequivocally the BEST eggs Benny anywhere, so we both tucked into our hollandaise-piled plates and enjoyed every bite. Then we decided to grab a coffee and take a stroll along the creek. It was SO beautiful; the leaves were practically glowing in the dusty autumn sun, and the air was so lovely and fresh. He took me down to the creek’s edge, said “I have a very important question to ask you”, and the rest is history! He even had a professional photographer hiding in the bushes, so we’ve got amazingly beautiful pictures of the whole thing. Can I just take a moment to say…. AHHHHHHOMGLSDKZLKFGNLKSNLMLAKMFLWAKJFNLAENWVLIDJGHKSFJJFLAA!!!!!!!!!

I am so deliriously happy! I’m going to marry the man of my dreams! The ring doesn’t suck either… ;)




SO, SO, SO, SO MUCH LOVE,

Jen

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, congratulations! And your ring is GORGEOUS! :) And what a great idea to have a photographer. So exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sounds like the perfect proposal and the picture does say a thousand words; love being the first. All the best to you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Having a professional photographer hiding in the bushes?!? As if you didn't know it, but this guy is a keeper. haha! That was really a genius idea. Now you have this gorgeous photo to capture that moment. I love it. And that ring is gorgeous.
    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big wow, congratulations to the both of you!
    What an amazing idea to let a photographer picturing that moment, best memories ever =)

    Love, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so perfect! Congratulations! I think it's so cool that he had a photographer hiding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous story!! Congratulations!! I wish you guys all the best <3 <3

    Pop by and visit my blog Taken By Surprise! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!!! That is super exciting news! And your ring is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)

Popular Posts