Perfect Perfume




Happy Saturday, all! I thought I’d take this drizzly October weekend to share one of my latest and greatest finds with you… Demeter Fragrances!!

I don’t know about you guys, but I can spend hours and hours in the perfume department and not find a single scent that I can see myself wearing. Most of the time I just leave with a headache and a “preteen-prostitute” scent-cloud wafting around in my wake. The way I see it, fragrances today just have too much going on! If you’re with me, and you’d like to take things back to basics then you’ve got to check out the Demeter Fragrance Library… It’s AMAZING.

This company touts their products as “Simple, Subtle, Singular Scents” which is exactly what they are. Each perfume/cologne smells like one specific thing… and the possibilities are essentially endless. If you’ve got a favourite smell, go search for it on their website and I’m pretty sure they’ll have it in a bottle for you. Here are some of my favourites:


Laundromat: to me, fresh laundry is one of the most clean and comforting smells around… this one literally makes you smell like you’ve just rolled in a warm, soft pile of freshly laundered linens!

 
Dirt: call me crazy, but one of my favourite smells is dirt! When I’m planting my garden each year I always grab a handful of the soil, stick it right up to my nose and take a huge, earthy whiff. I love it! This smells exactly like damp potting soil, and it’s amazing. I wear it at least once a week. And people always say “Mmm you smell so good, what is that!?”


Chai Tea: This one is a soft, warm mixture of eastern spices and herbs, like cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, star anise, peppercorn, and cloves, in a base of black tea, milk and sugar. It’s amazing for the fall!!


Gingerale: This one is unreal!! When you smell it, it actually gives you the feeling of bubbles up your nose – I’m not even kidding, you have to smell it to believe it! It’s just like gingerale, and it’s wonderful.


Paperback: Anyone else love the smell of libraries? This one smells exactly like sticking your nose into your favourite novel – sweet and lovely, with just a hint of the musty smell of aged paper. Perfect!


Pumpkin Pie: Another amazing scent for the fall! It’s lovely and spicy and just like the real thing. Bonus: you can also mix this one with their lavender scent – apparently lavender and pumpkin pie are the two smells that men find most attractive!

I’ve tried a few more, and they all smell EXACTLY like their name suggests! And you can buy them in a tiny size for about $6, so it’s easy to get lots! You can even get creative and engage in a little “perfume mixology” to create your perfect custom scent!!

Have you got a strange favourite scent? Share it with us!

Comments

  1. I love lavender scent, I usually do my laundry using products that smells in this way!
    Kisses dear

    www.tatilovespearls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavender is one of my favourites too! I'd love it if my laundry smelled like that!

      Delete
  2. I'm exactly the same with perfume! I just want something simple and fresh, is that really too much to ask for?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!
    I just now saw your comment on my blog about cropping my logo for a button on your page and you are more than welcome to do that! Let me know if I can do anything else for you:)

    <3 Leney

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is Clean Shower Fresh. All of the perfumes from CLEAN are great! All are simple and just smell, well, clean. They are sold at Sephora.
    http://cleanperfume.com/shower-fresh-eau-de-parfum

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and taking a moment to share your thoughts! Reading your comments makes me jolly :)

Popular Posts